Tuesday, February 3, 2009

are you kidding me?

this is a post i started almost two weeks ago.  since then, i became ill with the 10 day funk, got super busy at work, and really forgot all about blogging until tonight as i sit in my new "cuddle blanket."  i'll elaborate more on that later... :-)

First of all.... my dream last night (at this point is several weeks ago and I have forgotten most of it). I have blogged before about my teeth-related dreams. Last night might have been the mac daddy of teeth dreams. I dreamt that I was losing ALL of my teeth. Every single one. And I could feel them, taste the blood, feel them wiggle.... i could even feel my gums and the roots that were exposed. it was SO real. 

so, mostly what I can remember is that i ended up losing all of my teeth.  i was somewhere that i believe was work.. but Cord was there.... very blurry at this point two weeks later... but I ended up in my old dentist's office back in my hometown because i would obviously need some surgery.   (sidenote - my dentist who was an amazing man and a family friend was diagnosed with lou gherigs' disease several years ago, so the dentist's office that i went to in my youth is no longer...)  So, knowing that it was not going to be the same as it used to, I subconsciously made it in my dream a very trashy, pink-decored, big-haired-women-filled place.  They told me that a full set of veneers would run me about $500k.  I told them there was no way I would be able to take out a loan for that!! They said that it was my only option and that's how much they cost everywhere.

Then I woke up.  

But that left me thinking.... how much would you pay if you lost all of your teeth, and your only option to save them cost you half a million dollars?  Would you go toothless?  Or would you go into serious debt for most or all of your life,  so you could have teeth and live a normal life, even though your life really wouldn't be normal because you'd be in so much debt?? Hmm, I think I'd have to have my teeth? 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I did not get this for valentine's day, but i think it's freaking hilarious.

I did, however, have an amazing v-day with the cordster.  After a nice morning of sleeping in (he worked while I slept) we met up at my place and exchanged gifts.   I got him a great little painting of the city of chicago (just what the map would look like...very cool) and he got me the most THOUGHTFUL, SWEET gift ever.  First off, he gave me a great necklace charm made from a piece of ancient ming dynasty pottery - one of a kind. I have one that i just love and found one online that i loved even better, and he got it for me!! he's a slick one.  The gift that made me cry like a little child cry baby is silly but really meant a lot. 

Before he gave it to me, he asked me what things we do all the time.  I said, "watch movies, talk, and cuddle."  Number three was the winner.  I am constantly telling him that I want cuddles.  It's literally my favorite thing to do.   So, he got me a little red fleece blanket that he had embroidered to say "cuddles"!!!!   i know this is super cheesy and fluffy and lovey, but damnit, i loved it.  i just thought that it was so heartfelt and it really meant a lot.  he said that whenever i want cuddles and he's not there, i will have them whenever i want them...  aaah, the cheese. anyway, yes, a great day of photo-taking around nashville and a fab dinner at sunset grille and a lot of cuddles at night.  a great v-day and 4 year celebration of us being together ;-)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
i worked today even though we had off.  somehow, i felt very unproductive.  i even put that i was there an hour less than i actually was because i was so distracted.  

they bought us mellow mushroom pizza. i had a piece of like super veggie. freaking fab.  then i had a veggie sub from subway for dinner.  a very veggie day. i can't seem to get enough of them lately. i'm a little fruited-out, but i'm all about the veggies, as long as they're prepared for me. i've been very lazy about preparing meals lately.  i need to get with the program. i also need to either start going to the y, or cancel my membership. i think i should go to the y.

does anyone have a CLUE how to be healthy and save money at the same time? i honestly think it's impossible.  i've really been working on my budgets since both of my roommates got engaged in the past month and i will be living solo as of june (insert mini freak out here!). but i'm actually pretty excited about it; just not sure how it will all work financially. i mean, i know i can do it, but i would probably have to live off of cheap, not healthy food.  maybe i'll have my dad come down and plant me a garden?  hmm. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

i got really creative yesterday and made some of what i'm calling "photo art"....  and i finally did something with my flickr account.  check it out.  be my friend or whatever. i don't know what i'm doing. :)  the "fun with color" are the new fun ones. enjoy.

ok, i'm blogged out.   fin.






No comments: