Thursday, October 15, 2009

i love you.

If you say that to your server at mellow mushroom, they will give you a 10% discount off your food purchase.

I think this is the best promotion to ever happen!! I just went and picked up a to go order (I know you're curious.... I ordered (and am currently inhaling) the house calzone (spinach, tomatoes, shrooms, and mozz cheese - and I added onions and garlic - it's freaking delicious!)

So anyway, I went to pick up my to-go order, and I said to the person checking me out: "I hear that if I tell you I love you, I get a little discount." He looked at me with a funny little "i know what you're wanting" smile, and then turned back around to give me the discount, thinking that was all I was going to say. I then continued "Well, I love you, and I think you're the greatest thing ever, really." He got a huge smile, and then turned back around and said "I love you, too." It was such an amazing moment!! Telling a perfect stranger that you loved them, and having them tell you they loved you too!! I understand that he expected this, but still, it was a sweet experience, nonetheless.

Call me a cheeseball, but I swear, it put me in the best mood EVER. Maybe it's because I just started a new pack of my b.c. and I'm hormonal, but I swear, it was different. We go through our lives and pass hundreds of perfect strangers every day. Who knows, maybe one of them could be a really great person who would make your life a little better!? Maybe one of them actually does (or someday will) love you and you don't even know it?

My challenge to you, blog buddies, is to tell a perfect stranger that you love them, or at least say something nice if you don't want to sound like a creep-o. It will make their day, and yours.

:) love!! love to all!

1 comment:

Emotional Mullet said...

You aren't a stranger, but you are perfect. I love you.