Tuesday, March 9, 2010

been a while.

it's been a while since i have written anything.... so hello.

i felt like i should give some updates on the health situation, because i'm happy with my progress and i'm in a good frame of mind about it.

i don't really weigh myself (unless i'm on wii fit or at the doctor's), so i can't say how many pounds i've lost, but i know i'm on the right track. i feel great! i've been continuing to eat healthy (even better than I had been) and i've been exercising so much more. i feel fabulous! honestly, i'm really only on week 3 of being good about working out, but i'm doing it, and it's working. i have so much more energy, my body just feels better, and i even am fitting into my clothes a bit differently. i actually felt an ab muscle this morning. wtf.

i think the key in this situation is to just keep a good mind frame about the whole thing. i'm not overdoing it to avoid getting burned out, and i'm going with a buddy. my best buddy, actually - my sister!! we're having a blast, and i've actually talked her into joining the Y, so I feel like it's been good for both of us!

i'm excited about exercise. excited about feeling and looking even better. i'm beginning to feel that when i don't exercise, i feel horrible and sluggish. hopefully, by summer, i will be confident in a bathing suit for the first time in a while.... here's hopin'!

also -I had lean cuisine chicken fried rice for the first time today - pretty good!!! try it!

other updates in my life - i'm moving, AGAIN. while i'm not excited about the actual moving part (ok, well maybe a slight part of me is, i kind of like moving....) I am super excited about my new roomie, Vanessa. We're co-workers, she's the shit, and that's all you need to know. No, getting a roommate wasn't what either of us really wanted (and Cord just wasn't gonna do it; that's a blog for another day), but it's pretty much what we both had to do at this point.

My apartment raised my rent from $650 a month to $750. I had to say good bye. There is no way in hell I can afford that with my other life expenses right now. And by life expenses, I mean bills. My social expenses are minimal at this point. My hopes for getting a roommate are that my rent will come back down to a manageable place where maybe I can go enjoy my life a little. fingers crossed!!

No comments: