Day one of trying my hardest to be freaking healthy. To lose weight. To be thin again. What happened to my nice little body? Oh, I'll tell you what happened. Stupid birth control, for one, paired with a lack of exercise and not the best food decisions, and I've gained about 8 pounds. Last year (wow maybe even longer ago than that) I lost 30 pounds. I have gained back about 10 of those pounds. I've felt pretty dang good up until recently, so the time is now. Time to get back in shape.
I'm going on my yearly trip to a far away land again this year. December 1. December 1 is my deadline to be fit. To enjoy getting in a bathing suit and saying, "hmm...I look pretty dang ok!" Jamaica will not enjoy me as much if I'm uncomfortable with my body the whole time. I will hate myself in pictures if I'm a chunker. Time to get with the program.
I've decided to try and blog every day (or at least every weekday) about my struggles and trials with losing weight. And I'm asking for suggestions. I know that good eating paired with good exercise is what works for me. No crazy diets, no hard core meds. Just lifestyle changes that I need to get back on track. I have maintained my weight loss for quite some time now and I don't want to get off the health train. Because once you get off, it freaking leaves your ass in the dust...choo choo m'r f'ers.
So, feel free to give your input. If you too are trying to get back on the health train, jump on with me and let's do this together! Give me your comments and ideas and please, some encouragement.....because motivation is so hard for me to find.
Today was day one. I feel huge. I am popping out of my jeans. Shit, I feel like I'm even popping out of my hoodie!! WHO POPS OUT OF A HOODIE??!! eff. Thank God I started this when I did! Mind you, I've had some very strange gastro-intestinal issues going on lately (I won't divulge any further) but I think that's to blame for some of my bloat feeling.
I ate pretty healthy today. Summary:
Breakfast (gorgeous): This, my friends, is 1/2 of a whole wheat bagel with some reduced fat pb and apple slices with a few drizzles of honey, paired with some fruit and a cup of hot tea (in my favorite cup ever from my home town.)

Lunch: Lean Cuisine Butternut Squash (pretty dang good!) I recommend it.
Snack: the other half of the b-fast apple with some reduced fat crunchy pb and a few drops of honey.
Now I'm going to the gym for some cardio and tonight I will be eating chicken breast and veg. I bought a big bag of indiv. wrapped chick. breasts yesterday so hopefully I can just make one at a time when it's just me.
We'll see if I make it to day two. ;-)
ugh, can't i just wake up skinny?

2 comments:
Oh my....why did you have to start this healthy shit when I am doing what I am doing tonight?!
I am trying my East Coast Foodie hand at MM's Aunt Faye's Southern Hash Brown Casserole.
And, I am bringing it to work tomorrow.
And, you are taking a bite.
And, I'll do 3.5 jumping jacks with you to work off the bite.
But, you are trying it. No excuses.
If you figure out how to wake up skinny, please let me know.
I've gained about 20-30 lbs in the 4 years I've been dating John. I joined Weight Watchers last year & lost 20 lbs. I gained back 10, did Bikini Boot Camp for 6 weeks & lost 5.
I've got 39 days until my wedding. I'd love to lose an additional 10 lbs, but I doubt it will happen. I work out like a gladiator. I could eat better, but whatever. I'm kind of over it. The day after the wedding, I'm tearing up my Y membership & eating enough carbs to induce hibernation.
P.S. In my 32 years of dieting & exercising only 2 things have worked for me: 1) moving to NYC, 2) Weight Watchers.
Post a Comment