Wednesday, December 17, 2008

do it to me edward.

Yes, you heard me.

In case you live on Mars and don't know who I'm referring to, I'm referring to Mr. Edward Cullen. The vamire love in the Twilight books. I had a friend suggest to me that I read these books about a year ago. I totally blew her off. Stupid me. I don't watch a lot of TV or read the news (too depressing) so I'm not very up on current events. I hadn't really heard of this new fascination with this Twilight book/movie/LIFESTYLE. hah.

On my trip home for T-Giving, my cousin Danielle (only a few years younger than me) urged me to read it. She let me borrow the book and said that she was on her third time reading it. OK, I thought.... I'll give it a go. ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK YOU DANIELLE. I read the book in Jamaica. Took me 4 days. I bought New Moon, the 2nd book, in the airport and I'm getting close to being through it....though I don't think I've quite reached the climax yet. I'm READY FOR IT! I've already been lent 3 and 4. I am bringing them both home on Christmas and I'm sure I will read them both. THANK YOU LIZ! :)

I saw the movie last night. I must admit, it was better than I thought it would be. Some of the characters were spot on to what I had imagined in my head. The author really is descriptive and obviously does a great job. The movie was similar enough...a few things were different, but not big enough to really bother me. I do wish it had been longer though...I guess I just didn't want it to end, just like I don't want the books to end!! :( This is why I hate reading. Because it has to end....

What strikes me funny is that I totally went to the website for the movie or the book or something..and watched a video of the actors that play Bella and Edward on the Today show. They both seemed a little bit like snotty, actually. I think they were just so surprised with the cult following this movie/book would have....and the immediate superstardom they both have been thrusted into at warp speed. However, any ill feelings that I had toward them were completey erased when I saw the movie.

I will say this - I didn't get why everyone was so gaga over the actor that plays Edward. It was funny in the Today show interview when he was saying that he's not sure why these girls associate him to actually be Edward.....and I was like, OH girls - he's just an actor!! He's not the actual character - the super sexy vampire that loves Bella.... he's not even that cute!

But then, when I saw the movie... yep, he's Edward. My imaginary character that I had established in my mind has been totally erased. There's a new sexy vampire in town. I loved his arm hair. I don't know why, but it was hot. I pretty much loved everything about him. Maybe because I'm in love with the character...and totally made the association that all these high school seniors are doing. Oh, what a poor guy...casted to play the sexiest imaginative thing EVER. He must never get laid....

Regardless, I'm in heart. With the story, the characters...now if Cord could just turn into a blood sucking monster for me.... :)

Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone. Safe travels, and I will most likely not write again until the new year. Definitely ready for a fresh, new year.... aah..

2 comments:

The Blonde Mule said...

OMG, I'm right there with you. I haven't seen the movie yet because everyone I know has either already seen it or has no interest to (John). I think I've had dreams about Edward every night since I started reading Twilight. I'm almost through with New Moon too & can't read to read the next 2.

Viva la Vampire!

Anonymous said...

I really didn't think I'd like KS as Bella just because she always seemed very standoffish and rude in her interviews. And I'd only seen RP as Cedric in Harry Potter, so I was skeptical.
Holy cow was I wrong. The books may be over for me, but I can hit rewind and play on Edward's face all day long...! Yum. :)