Monday, January 5, 2009

no resolutions.

After the holiday pudge has packed on, my jeans are barely zip-able, and I feel like a whale, I have decided to get back on my health train. I had done pretty well up until Jamaica. By that trip, I ate whatever I wanted, and it totally got me back into my bad habits.... I'm not calling it a New Year's resolution, because we all know those never work. It's just continuing what I started a while back, and knowingly let slip during the holidays.

The holidays were fabulous... lots of rest and relaxation, lots of family (which I was very happy about) and LOTS of driving...ugh! But actually, the driving was not too bad this year - my sister helps the journeys go by pretty quickly! Lots of eating, and lots of wine.. mmm..... lots of my mom's from scratch bread (wowza) and oysters....and stuffing... I love Christmas. NYE was back in Nashville, very fun and very expensive-o. But worth it. I can be an old fart when I'm an old fart, right? I better get out and celebrate while I still feel like it! So yeah, great holiday. I need to put some pictures up on this dang thing!! Dang! Nothing better than the Atlantic Ocean in the dead of winter.... it's beautiful!

My favorite gift is a Diana F+ camera my mom got me!! LOVE! check it out... I'm getting my first roll developed soon so I will be posting some pics from that...if they turn out!! It's tricky!!

So, since I'm back on the health train, I might as well blog about fun things I find that are healthy and also enjoyable. I'm currently enjoying a winter delights (or something) salad. It came in a bag, and I really like it! It's mostly lettuce (butter lettuce, which I actually like!) and a little bit of almonds, dried somethings (some sort of berry) and then a little bit of bleu cheese crumbles (OMG!) in a white balsamic vinagrette. Tres yum. I'm pairing it with a healthy choice minestrone soup. Nice hearty, healthy winter meal! I also stocked up on Edamame at the grocery, so I'm back to that craze. We'll see how long it lasts. Something has to happen to these five pounds of hibernation-ready flab.

:)

No comments: