I love Mondays in the office for one reason only: The good food smells. Everyone comes in with whatever they made on their lazy Sunday and re-heats their amazing smelling leftovers, or they bring in extra pastrami for me to sample. Today, Emo Mul had this awesome Mexican casserole thing that smelled INSANELY meaty and delish. I hope she posts the recipe, wink wink! ;-)
So, my other great meaty experience was the salad I made last night. ohmygod. I was perusing through my cookbooks yesterday (lazy Sunday food making time!) and came across this recipe for a mexican style salad. Basically, it was pan-fried marinated (in garlic and lime juice) NY Strip Steak, over a bed of baby lettuces, diced avocado, tomato, mild green chiles, "mexicorn," black beans, and topped with a fab oil/lime juice/cumin/paprika/chili powder dressing! And, if you want to be naughty, some crushed tortilla chips for crunch. But otherwise, it's pretty healthy! LOVE on a PLATE. It made enough for my dinner last night, lunch today, and I still have some left for dinner tonight!
I also made a great little easy soup. It's from the Weight Watchers recipe book (5 ingredients or 15 minutes or less) - great cookbook by the way! So, if you are a "weight watcher" it's only 3 points per serving. Two bean soup - it took 10 mins to make, and was delish! I can't find the recipe online but it's in the cookbook!!

2 comments:
umm, meat. The Mexi-role did have some meat in it! Yay Meat!
that ensalada looks fn fantastic.
Post a Comment