weight, that is!!
I've lost somewhere around 9 pounds since Memorial Day. I know this isn't a crazy amazing triumph given that it's been over a month, but I think I'm doing it the right way - just being healthier. I'm exercising much much more, and continuing to eat as healthy as I can, so it's just working. I'm really pleased. I'm wearing a dress today that I've never really liked on myself. It's amazing what a little 9 pounds will do! I want to keep losing, nice and slow like this. I finally had a few people who don't see me every day notice that I looked thinner. That was a great feeling :) Because I knew they could notice when I had gotten a little more plump and were too nice to say anything (thank god. i would have lost it). :)
I just feel better. At least through my constant struggle with weight, I now know what works for me. EXERCISE. If I don't do it, I gain weight. If I do it, I lose weight. It's a very simple equation for me. Thank goodness. It could be a lot worse. It's just a matter of actually doing it. But I've been doing pretty good so far, so we'll see. July 24th is my "due date" for this little health train. I go to the beach the following week, and that day is the day I get this awesome full body lymphatic drainage cellulite reduction treatment thingy done, so I really wanted it to pay off when I got it. So my goal was to try and get in as best (realistic) shape as possible by July 24th, just in time for my treatment and the beach trip. I'll keep you posted on my progress!
The trip home to MD was amazing. So relaxing, perfect weather (mid 70's with an insane cool breeze) and I did everything on my goal list (see below post). Watching fireworks on the chesapeake bay from a yacht was the perfect way to spend my 4th. Got drunk and dropped my sister's camera, so didn't get as many pictures as I had hoped, but hopefully we can salvage some. We'll see. Prob. will be a while.
Anyway, that's all for now. I'm going to a Bunco night with some of my old college girlfriends tomorrow, so that should be exciting! I've never played, so hopefully I won't suck :)
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congrats on the weight loss! I tried that bike you told me about with the computer programmed trails on it. I love it! I've been doing it twice a week. I'm actually trying a Spin class today, so we'll see how that goes. Anyway, thanks for the tip!
Post a Comment