I'm going to be resolute about my 2010 New Year's resolution. My self-inflicted resolution to stop drinking. To stop drinking for a while. Not a pre-determined amount of time. Yes, I will have a beer or a glass of wine on my sisters birthday, but other than that, I'm going to chill out. I am by no means a big drinker, and I can usually keep it down to a few drinks and not get wild. The goal of this resolution is to generally work on my overall health. A big inhibitor of my overall health is alcohol. For example:
**I want to go grab a beer, so I can't go to the gym because I'll get sweaty. I mean COME ON. No more excuses. Get your shit together, Meghann.
**I am drinking, so it's OK if I eat this taco bell so I don't feel like shit tomorrow. OH COME ON. I will feel like even MORE shit if I eat this taco bell. Who am I kidding?
**I want people to think I'm fun, so I'm going to spend money on alcohol I can't afford so my friends don't stop calling me. Really, self? If they are truly my friends, they will still call even if I don't drink and act a fool.
**I can't afford it, but that's ok. NO, it's NOT OK. Screw you stupid credit card..... Yeah, no more of that.
**It's not a girls night without wine. Ok, this one is kind of true, hence the rare glass I will allow myself over the next few months. The purpose of this resolution is not to completely deprive myself of all fun; it's to realize and not believe the stupid excuses or rationalizations I make up that involve alcohol. Every girl deserves her girls night, hello! But I need to stop lying to myself and making up excuses to be unhealthy.
I booked my dermatologist appt, cut out drinking for the most part, and spent $140 on nothing but healthy shit at Kroger. So basically, that health train that got off the tracks? It's back on. I'm choo-chooing around, people, so get outta my way. :)
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
"I'm choo-chooing around, people, so get outta my way" -- hahaha!
i'm going to resolute to drink more. More water that is! It's gotten so bad...I miss the Brita!
p.s. you go girl! :)
Post a Comment