Thursday, July 8, 2010

i heart john adams.

We're really, really obsessed with the John Adams HBO series right now. I know, I know, it's two years old and we're just now watching it, but I really have a lot of TV to catch up on since I've only recently become much of a TV-watcher.

Totally worth all of the Golden Globes and countless other awards it won, John Adams is so entertaining, informative, dramatic, and incredibly well done. It makes me want to transform back into the Colonial era, speak with a 1776 early-American dialect, and dress like I'm going to dinner with General George. This is my favorite part of history, too, so I was doubly excited when I figured out what a battle was before they modestly informed the viewers of what was going on. Definitely recommend!! Watch it! It's on HBO on Demand right now, but over on Friday. So you might want to get the DVD. It's only 7 episodes.

**Sidenote - having grown up in one of the original colonies, and with a father who believed he was Thomas Jefferson in a past life, I have always had a fondness and affinity for this era. But even the boyfriend, who did not grow up with such a passion for Revolutionary America, has greatly enjoyed this show**

bon.bon.bon.

No comments: