Thursday, July 8, 2010

oven-roasted garbanzo beans


...or chick peas, depending on the nomenclature that you prefer. :)

I made these last night. A co-worker had brought some in a few weeks ago, and I tried them and loved them! I couldn't remember at all how she said her friend had made them or what she even used, so I made up my own recipe! I'm sure you really can't go wrong with these... you can tailor and change the recipe to make them more to your liking.

But here's what I did:

Took a can of garbanzo beans and threw them on a cookie sheet that I had put a bit of olive oil on to coat.

On top of the beans, I threw some more olive oil, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, S&P, Greek Seasoning, and Red Pepper flakes.

Baked at somewhere around 420 degrees ( I honestly can't remember where I had it set) for about 15 mins. Then I quickly broiled them also at about 400 for about 5 mins.

The key here is to let them sit for more than a minute or two before inhaling them so they can harden up a bit. They are even BETTER after a night in the fridge as a snack.

I'm enjoying them now with my leftover "Bean So Green" from T. Joe's that I had last night. :)
(pardon the phone pic)


No comments: