Monday, June 28, 2010

incredi-face

My sister had a $500 gift card to Cashmere Salon Spa in the Gulch (below the ICON). She bid on it in an auction and won. I was lucky enough to be included in the spending of the gift card because I am a kick ass sister. As is she. :)

We went on Saturday to redeem and to have a great sister day at the spa. We had looked on their website prior to making our appointment so we knew what we wanted. She wanted a full highlight and hair cut (was in desperate need) and a pedi and I wanted a facial and a pedi. We figured we'd come close to the $500 (which all needed to be spent in the same visit, mind you) and if we had anything left over we'd add something on at the end.

We absolutely LOVED this place. Every single person in there was super nice, not snobby or elitist, and they were more than happy to help us get to that $500, even though they probably knew that we didn't end up paying anywhere close to the full value of the gift cert at the auction, which is the norm for charity auction items. After my INCREDIBLE facial, Caribbean therapy pedi (mud mask on the feet and everything!) and noley's full highlight and cut, and nicole's planned pedi (I'll get to that in a minute) we were only at $380! I never in a million years thought that I'd have a hard time spending $500 in one day! They were so helpful and kept suggesting other things we could do; it was amazing.

I am extremely loyal to my stylist Courtney (at Salon YaYa, she's the shit) so I didn't want any hair stuff done....so I just had them do a gloss/shine treatment on my hair. My sister was about to start her pedi, and I was about to get a blowout when the power went out. And it didn't come back on. So she'll be going back for her pedi, and I left with wet hair. There was nothing they could do, poor things! At least the water worked and I could get the treatment rinsed!

They knew we were heading out to lunch so they put all this product in my hair and played with it so it would air-dry cute and beachy. I just felt like they actually cared and weren't just putting on a show. It was great. We ended up leaving with awesome products too because even after my facial, noley's hair, and two pedis (one to be had in the future) we still had about $50 left over!

I would definitely recommend this place for facials, let me tell ya. And noley's hair looks incredible too! Rebecca Shaw (who did my facial) is A-MAZING! I got "facial resurfacing" which included, for $125, 7 or 8 different types of creams and cleansers and fabulous things! It's an Aveda salon, so everything was super earthy and herbal and calming. On top of the various layers of fab that went on my face, it also included some sort of procedure that is powered by sound waves to push water deep in the pores to clean it out, an alpha-hydroxy exfoliating mask, AND a photo therapy laser treatment! NOT like the kind I had before where it was traumatic and painful, I couldn't feel this one at all. all of that, ladies, for a $125 price tag. Pretty, pret-t-y, pretty good (you Curb fans will get that one.)

4 or 5 different times, the hot towels went down on the decollete and face, and it was topped off with a massage of the face, chest and upper arms and shoulders, and then this great little spritz of a cool mist that was the perfect way to end it. I can't say enough great things about the experience. I was in there with the facial alone for a good hour. And, my skin looks incredible. I am definitely going to fit this in to my beauty routine somehow.

She mentioned a package where you buy a few and get one free. It was around $250 for the package. I'm doing it. I'll let everyone know when I figure out exactly what the deal is. But yes, I recommend. I DEFINITELY recommend!!

www.cashmerenashville.com

No comments: