Monday, June 2, 2008

effing quiche.

So, there is a local coffee shop (who will remain nameless) that I really have tried to remain loyal to, but I just don't think I can swing it anymore. I'm going to write a citysearch review on them. And it's not going to be pleasant. Jess thinks I should write a letter, but I'm just to the point where they've lost my business, and my$20+ a week might not affect them, but some other shop will welcome it with open arms I'm sure.
When Caffeine, my favorite of favorite coffee shops, closed down, I started going to this new place. I loved the location, liked the atmosphere, but it just wasn't the same. The following list are the reasons why I will no longer support this business.
1) Bitchy, rude old lady (I'm guessing a manager) who obviously doesn't appreciate her customers. Walks around with the biggest frown on her face. Seems aggravated that people are there. Very strange. I mean, who wants to be in the presence of someone like that?
2) The bones in my chicken salad. Sick.
3) The plastic-y tasting steamed breakfast sandwiches. First off, eew. Who wants a soggy, steamed bagel with chemical tasting ham and cheese?
4) The rude (all but one very nice employee who always makes my day) staff! I can't stand going into a place where the employees actually seem like they're doing me a favor by pouring my coffee!! I'm a PAYING customer, people! I don't come in there thinking I'm better than you, please don't think you're better than me. Just make my fucking latte, smile, and be nice, like I am. Maybe this is my "small-town" coming out, but I love going to a place where they make an effort to remember their regular customers. I'm in there several times a week for the past year almost, and they act like they've never seen me before! I mean, they're never that busy that they can't remember their regulars.
5) The ridiculously high prices. $6 for a latte? No thank you. I'll go to S-bucks and pay $4 for the exact same drink. And it will taste better every time.
6) The inconsistency of quality of their drinks. Last week I had curdled soy in my latte. Every time I'm in there, the drink (I pretty much get the same thing every time) tastes different! It all depends on who you get. That shouldn't be the case. I understand and respect that with a local small business that each person can add their own flair to a drink, but the basic drink has to at least taste similar every time! I want to know what I'm getting, and get what I'm paying for. That is not the case at this place.

And the last two incidents were the "straw," so to speak...
Last week, I had a "free drink" coupon. It's a rewards card where you fill it up, you get a free drink. Similar to several other places. Well, I get the same thing 99% of the time. My $6 latte. UGH. So, I go in last week to redeem my free drink coupon, and I get the same thing that I always get, and PAY for. So, I order, and the girl working goes, "really? is this free? that's a really expensive free drink." I am flabbergasted, and nicely say, "well, I get this every time, so it's kind of relative, right? Actually the guy yesterday felt bad for me because my drinks are always so expensive that he gave me two punches." (as I tried to chuckle shyly). She rudely continued "yea, well, it's still an expensive free drink to order." She gave me my drink and I huffed out, shocked that someone could be so rude. What a bitch! I spend SO much money in that shop, and my FREQUENT shopper free coffee is given to me in such a way, that I am DONE. It wasn't even that tasty, to boot.
Well, this morning, I decide to give them another shot. Actually, I was going to try a different place a little further off my to-work route but I was running late. SO, I go in (craving a muffin) and there's NOTHING. Not a single muffin, no bread, nothing. Dare I try another steamed mess on a bagel, so, I see quiche as a special. I've never had a great experience with their food, so I'm a little skeptical, but I order it anyway. Turkey sausage, spinach, and cheese. Sounds delish, right? So I wait for a good 5 minutes for him to heat up my (very small, expensive slice of) quiche, and take it to work. Fuck coffee, I don't want "her" making it for me, so I get a fruit drink made in some factory somewhere far away from their employees.
I sit down at work with my $7.50 breakfast (UGH) and it's DISGUSTING. A soggy, wet, funky tasting spongy MESS. I got through a few bites and gave up. Instead of light, fluffy, eggy, cheesy, it was soggy, wet, funky, spongy. The eggs were brown because of all the liquid it had soaked up from the sausage. Whoever made this quiche does NOT know how to cook for shit.
So, as I threw away my overpriced, horrible tasting breakfast, I vowed never to go there again. Truth be told, I probably will, but only if I'm desperate.
effing quiche.

1 comment:

Emotional Mullet said...

That sucks! Nothing worse than a soggy, spongy quiche. M-effers.