Monday, June 28, 2010

chicken wing? next best thing!

In my constant struggle to stay thin-ish while still enjoying the finer things in life, a.k.a FOOD, I experiment with healthful ways to enjoy the tastes I really, really love but shouldn't eat.

I was honestly (really, honestly) never exposed much to the chicken wings, buffalo sauce, blue cheese combo as a youth. I really wasn't exposed to it until about two years ago. I instantly fell in love with this whole buffalo chicken phenomenon. But it obviously is not a wise food choice if one is trying to keep a girlish figure.

Here's a salad I made for lunch today (and am currently enjoying) that is really the next best thing to a buffalo chicken wing. :)

  • Lettuce base, any kind you like. I used baby spring mix.
  • Some chopped cucumber
  • 1/2 avocado
  • Some chopped orange pepper
  • 1 morningstar chick'n patty, cooked and chopped up
  • a sprinkle or two of any type of cheese (i used trader joe's cheddar/Monterrey jack blend)
  • some hot/buffalo wing sauce (I used Kroger brand medium "buffalo wing" sauce)

Mix that shiz all together and you'll almost trick yourself into thinking you're eating something much less healthy. :) No dressing needed, the wing sauce is enough to coat it all - and SPICE THINGS UP! enjoy!





No comments: