Monday, January 12, 2009

go greek and eat beans.

choo choo!

I finally sat myself down this Sunday and made a menu for the week! It was very fun, actually!! I'm kind of enjoying being a homebody at night.... even if I'm by myself sometimes. It's very nice to just RELAX!  :) wow, what a concept!

So, yeah - I made a menu by looking through a few recipe books (why have them if you don't use them, hello?). I went to T. Joe's and Kroger (for those things that Joe's is lacking) and I made a menu for the week!  Here it is, I hope you're excited!

-Black Bean & Pineapple Salad (made with fresh baby spinach, fresh yellow and orange peppers) 
-Marinated Asparagus Salad (with tarragon and lots of herbs and spices!) - from the WW 5 ingredient or 15 minute cookbook!  one of the best cheapo purchases ever!
-Southwestern Two Bean Soup (from the WW cookbook - SO YUMMY and only like 2 WW points!)
-Greek Rice (brown minute rice with fresh chopped tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta cheese and greek seasoning!) also from the WW cookbook - it was delish!!!!  
-Spinach and Mushroom Fettucine Alfredo - I think this is from the WW cookbook too!

So yeah, pretty healthy and something different!!   Buy that cookbook!! 

No comments: