Friday, October 3, 2008

mango chicken

I made a great meal last night for dinner. It was freaking fabulous. After the gym (amazing workout by the way, but I have somehow effed my back up - roar) I was summoned into Whole Foods by it's gravitational pull that if you get within a mile of the place you have no choice but to enter and spend lots of money. It was actually really theraputic. I love Whole Foods. I always feel like they have so much more to offer me. Like they're speaking right to me. They know my needs. ha. But really, I bought this cheese that was $23 a POUND. Luckily, I only got a sliver. For $7. But it was so worth it. I got some other cheese that orange bicycle got me into called Amadeus. MMMM.

I also purchased some organic chocolate milk (holy cow it's good. ha. get it? cow?) anyway, and some mango black bean salsa. Holy MOLY! (get it? moly? nevermind.) So yea, got some goodies and came home totally inspired and I made this:


Garlic herb potatoes, sweet corn, and a lovely grilled chicken breast with the mango black bean salsa on top. I freaking "mmmd" after every bite. I didn't want it to end. I was so impressed!! Even though all I did was cook the chicken, I didn't care. It worked! The photo doesn't do it justice....

I am feeling so good after a work week of healthy eating and some exercise. Let's see if I can make it happen through the weekend.

bueno.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really good. Did you just buy mango salsa & then add black beans?

muggins mouse said...

thanks! no, i just bought the whole shebang at Whole Foods! mangoblackbeansalsaamazingness....

:)

Emotional Mullet said...

I'll teach you how to make your own...if'n you wanna.