Day 4. (I'll include day 3 in this post as well b/c I didn't make it yesterday)......
Oh lettuce, how I loathe thee.
I wish you were more filling.
I wish you made me happy.
I wish you tasted like a cheese pizza.
But instead, you taste like......
lettuce.
Why are you so big and hard to eat?
Why do I leave you, still hungry?
Oh lettuce, how I loathe thee.
You do not satisfy me.
Oh, lettuce, how I loathe thee.
I've lost 2 pounds. Not a huge deal, but it made me feel better when my wii fit didn't yell at me for once!
It's funny, how the longer you eat healthy, the less you think about bad foods. I remember this from the last time I lost weight. It's like they're off your radar or something. I'm ready to hit that point. Having only been "hardcore" in my mind for four days, I am still in the "craving everything bad that I typically wouldn't eat even if I wasn't being super healthy" mode, because my mind is telling me to want what I won't allow myself to have.
For example, yesterday - super healthy. Ate well, didn't have time to get to the Y so I power walked around the block with my roommate (and oh yes, power - we were truckin'). I had barely any dinner, then my roommate brought in two mini turkey burgers that she had made (now, ground turkey, homemade burger, non-greasy - pretty o.k.) so I ate them. THEN, cord comes over. He's starving, tired, and sore from a long couple days....so I went to Wendy's to get him a burger. My insane self decided that I would get myself a small nestle quick chocolate milk (tres cute by the way) and a small fry. *side note - it's strange to see the singular of "fries" - is it "fry?" am I nuts?*
So anyway, I get these things - I know it wasn't the worst thing I could have gotten on that menu by FAR, but I still did it. Something I would have NEVER done had I not been trying to eat so damn healthy. Why do our minds make us suffer so? Why do we CRAVE the worst things when even though our habits haven't really changed too drastically, our minds are set on "super health" overdrive and we feel like those foods are sexy, forbidden, illegal, BAD and SO GOOD?!!
I seriously want to bathe in a vat of chocolate cheese meat icing peanut butter cheese. cheese. cheese.
today i've been so freaking uber good i'm making myself sick. raw broccoli makes me burp and is overrated.
yay for two pounds.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
"...chocolate cheese meat icing peanut butter cheese. cheese. cheese..."
Me Too, Sweet Pea...MeeToo.
You can have cheese. You can! Balanced with a higher protein...you can.
Black Bean Tamale with Goat Cheese and Pico De Gallo.
I'm with EM, cheese it up!
i totally cheesed it up at WF last night. Amadeus, here i come!
Post a Comment